We visited Turkey in mid-July 2009 for 14 days. While the sights ranged from beautiful to amazing, we were most fond of the delicious food and wonderful people.
I wrote a few blog posts about the trip.
Photos and Video
- Sultanahmet: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Çemberlitaş Hamami, Grand Bazaar, and the Rock’n Coke Festival
- Beyoğlu: Taksim Square, Istiklal Caddesi, Galata Bridge, Galata Tower
- Kadıköy: open markets, Fenerbahçe stadium
- Bosphorus Strait and Anadolu Kavağı
- Cappadocia: Göreme, Fairy Chimneys
- Çıralı: the unspoiled beach, the ruins of Olympos, and the fiery Chimeras
- Ephesus and the town of Selçuk