Like Pulpo Paul, Kim and I had an inkling that Spain would win the 2010 World Cup. We booked a trip for what would be the experience of a lifetime — being enveloped in a massive celebration in Madrid.
Photos and Video
- Coastal Lisbon, Portugal, home of fado and its history of world discovery
- Many Madrid tapas crawls
- Santiago Bernabeu, home of Real Madrid
- Coinciding with the World Cup final
- Medieval Toledo, the opulent former capital
- Sevilla, our base for Andalusia. Once ruled by the Muslim Moors, it’s now the bullfight-and-flamenco hotspot that is the most traditionally Spanish region in Spain. Think Don Juan and Carmen.
- Tangier, Morocco, a quick ferry ride but a world away from the southern tip of Spain
- Bustling Barcelona, capital of Catalunya and countless confectionaries
- Camp Nou, the legendary home of FC Barcelona
- Segrada Família, a still-in-the-works Gaudí masterpiece